Career at Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia
Be part of creating a better tommorow
Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia (Curtin Sarawak) is Curtin University’s first and largest international branch campus, established in 1999 in partnership with the Sarawak State Government. In line with it’s continued expansion, Curtin Sarawak is seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Loans & Scholarship Officer
Sarawak – Miri
* Possess a degree or diploma from a recognized university or equivalent;
* At least 2 (two) years of working experience and experienced in supervising staff; however fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply;
* A working knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
* Able to work independently with minimum supervision within a team environment;
* Goodtime management and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, and build rapport with external parties, customers and staff at all levels while ensuring cross cultural sensitivity;
* Good communication skills and good command of both spoken and written English.
* Possess pleasant and approachable personality;
* Experience in coordinating various types of programs and activities;
* Work experience in similar capacity or in an education industry.
* Provide advice on Loans and Scholarships queries;
* Plan and execute promotional activities for available Loans & Scholarships;
* Responsible to process student’s scholarships & loans applications;
* Responsible to arrange for selection panel meetings;
* To act as liaison officer between the University and private/ government loans and scholarships provider;
* To provide information on scholarships recipients as required by sponsors;
* To ensure efficient record management of students awarded loans and scholarship;
* Act as Student Services representatives in the O’week Committee;
* Act as Secretariat to the Awards & Scholarship Committee ;
* Monitor and review policies and procedures on a regular basis and initiate improvements or variations to enable best practice to be achieved;
* To provide statistics of students awarded scholarship as required;
* Provide strategic direction and leadership to staff in the unit to ensure balanced workloads and deadlines achieved.
Submit applications: Interested applicants are invited to send us a covering letter, a detail curriculum vitae including contact details of 2 referees; certified copy of educational certificates and other supporting documents to the Human Resources Manager, Curtin University, Sarawak Campus, CDT 250, 98009 Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia or email us at email@example.com
The successful candidate will be offered a highly competitive remuneration package.
Curtin (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd reserves the right to appoint by invitation.